5.29.2008

Our Baby Turned 5 Years Old

Our baby girl is not a baby any more. Maya turned 5 on Sunday! It can't be true! I honestly don't know where the time goes. She is so grown up.

The day started with breakfast in bed. Maya got her favorite: a doughnut! It's a tradition that was started in my family, one we LOVE to keep doing. Then all the girls headed off to church. Maya even had a birthday celebration in her Sunday School class! So special. That afternoon we had some friends and family over for the big day to help Maya celebrate. Every year is is blazing hot on her birthday. So this year we decided to do a water theme with a big blow up pool, a kiddy pool with a slide, sprinklers and a slip-n-slide. Of course it would be the one year to rain the same weekend as her birthday! But God is good. The sun came out off and on Sunday so the kids were still able to play in the water! What a fun day it was, but we were exhausted at the end of it!

We are reminded again this year of how blessed we are to have such a bright and wonderful little girl. I always new I would love my kids, but I never knew I could possible love a person so much! Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!

(You can see a slideshow from the day to the right!)

1 comment:

JJ said...

5 years old!! What a big girl!! Happy Birthday.