2.21.2008

I'M 4 MONTHS OLD TODAY!




We have had the joy of watching Teagen grow and change the last 4 months. She is so very much like her big sister, Maya, yet different too. She LOVES to smile especially at Maya. They are good company for each other in the car. Maya is always saying, "Mom, watch this. I can make Teagen smile when I do this." I try and watch when I can, but I'm sure you'll all be glad to know my eyes are on the road and most the time I'm just agreeing to see.


Today Maya and I took Teagen for her 4 month well-baby check up. Both of the girls have had a cold, so I was worried that we wouldn't be able to get Teagen's shots. Now, just so you can fully understand, let me paint you a picture. Maya is DEATHLY afraid of doctors, dentists, nurses, or anyone in that sort of uniform. When we were having Teagen, a nurse would come in to check me and Maya would make a bee line for the bathroom where she would hide only to peek her head out asking if "they were gone yet." So expaining to Maya that we had to take Teagen to the doctor did not go over well. The exact reason why I try and take Teagen when Maya is in school, but it didn't work out this time. Maya was very concerned about Teagen getting shots. It was apparent as she repeated at least (and I wish I was exaggerating) 50 times before the doctor even came into our room. Explaining that Teagen needs these shots so that she doesn't get really sick didn't seem to matter to her. So I tried the "Brave Big Sister" approach -- she wasn't having that either. She was literally trying to hide between the chair and the wall in the room. I have to say, though, Maya really pulled it together when Dr. Rosenfeld came in. She did great. Teagen was very brave as well, but the poor little thing is not only teething at 4 months (a month and a half earlier than Maya did), but she has double ear infections. What a way to spend her 4 month birthday. She did get her shots and much to my surprise as soon as Teagen started crying, Maya was such a great big sister and told her it would be okay. She didn't try to hide or cry or anything! I KNEW she had it in her!


Here are some pictures of Teagen. Right now she really likes to do crunches. I'm not kidding! The video is of her doing her crunches. She just started to roll over both from her back to stomach and from her stomach to back.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drew tries to do crunches too and it cracks me up! I can't believe Teagen is already rolling, what a star. She is so cute and I'm already looking forward to Drew's 1st birthday so we can have all these babies together!

Perley Family said...

4 month already?! She is so cute! And Maya is such a great big sister. Life is different with two kids isn't it? Busy, busy! We miss you!
~Kris