2.15.2008

Happy Valentine's Day


Okay, I'm not a big Valentine's Day person. I don't believe that a company should tell people what day to say "I love you" and when to be romantic. I do think it's a good excuse to have a dinner alone, just Chad and I. Something we love to do, but don't get to do very often.

Much to our surprise we woke up on Valentine's Day to LOTS of rain! It rained all day long, even hailing at some points. We still had a fun day. Maya's school celebrated with passing out valentines, a sugery snack time filled with cupcakes, cookies, juice and candy, and then they made necklaces! Then the afternoon was spent running errands as a family. Maya got dinner early and had the special treat of laying down in our bed to watch TV while Chad and I had what we thought would be a romantic dinner.


The candles were lit, good food on the table, Teagen asleep, Maya in the bedroom, things were looking good (as you can see by the picture above). Apparently Maya didn't get the "memo" about our dinner alone because our romantic dinner turned into Maya coming in every few minutes with "one more question". Dinner ended much sooner than either Chad or I wanted. Teagen needed her last bottle of the night, Maya needed to be put in her bed, dishes needed to be done. The day that is supposed to be romantic and full of "I love you's" turned into me seeing how much I really love my family, I love being a family and I love spending time with my family. I wouldn't trade the busy life and the "one more questions"s for anything.

Here are some pictures of Maya and Teagen in their Valentine's Day outfits and sending you a special message. Teagen wanted to put in as much say as Maya. Hope your Valentine's Day was just as special.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Teagen is talking already!! She's almost 4 months?! Holy cow!