6.24.2008

Weekend of fun

This last weekend was my 10 year high school reunion in Orange County. I can't believe it's already been 10 years. I was on the planning committee and we had a meeting Friday and set up on Saturday, so the girls and I decided to go up early. Well, with gas prices being outrageous we didn't want to have 2 cars up there. Maya has been wanted to go up to "Papa & Gigi's" house (my parents) on the train, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity. That way Chad could finish up work Friday and Saturday and then meet us up there.

So on Friday our friend Erin dropped Maya, Teagen and I off at the train station here in town along with my suitcase, Maya's backpack, Teagen's carseat (and base), Teagen's stroller, diaperbad, and my purse. (I was smart enough to take the kids' suitcases up to my parent's house on Tuesday when we went up to work.) We actually got there just in time for the earlier train, so we hopped aboard. All was fine and dandy for the next 50 or so minutes while we rode to Oceanside. We then had to change trains and get on the Surfliner (Amtrack) to heat to OC. First we needed our ticket, so I hawl everything into the ticket station to get a ticket. I thought we would have to wait about an hour for the next train, but I guess we got there early, so we could catch an earlier train that was leaving in 5 mintues. We hurried over to get onto the train. As soon as it pulled up it was a mad dash BY EVERYONE to get on. With the stuff we had, there was no mad-dashing! We got on, with help from a very nice old Asian man only to find that there are NO SEATS ANYWHERE! I collapsed the stroller, put the diaperbag on the ground for Maya to sit on with Teagen in her carseat next to her while I stood the whole way up to San Juan Capistrano. There we waited for my mom and sister to pick us up.

Saturday Maya took one more step to being a girl. She got her nails done AT A SALON for the first time! We're trying to get the picture, but we are having technical difficulties. I'll post it as soon as I can. The rest of the weekend was spent laying around the pool and going to the reunion. It was so much fun to see people I haven't seen in SO LONG! We definitely had a great time. Good thing for Sunday, though. . . church, naps, pool and double burgers at my parents house. Here are some picture from the weekend.



Maya waiting to get on the train.


Waiting for Gigi and Aunt Roxi


Chillin' by the pool - Nap time for Teagen

Down the slide I go

DOUBLE BURGERS!!

No comments: