6.25.2008

Spa Day


So in the last post I mentioned that I took Maya to get her fingernails and toenails painted. Well, there is a story that goes with it all. (As there usually is with Maya).

I asked Maya if she would like to go get her nails painted with Roxi and I. She thought it was a great idea. So off we went. Adventure #1: Roxi drove us to the nail place.

When we got there we told the ladies what we wanted and Maya picked out two different polish colors: one for her fingers and one for her toes. Maya was just getting her nails painted and I got a manicure/pedicure. So the ladies went to work on me while Maya sat in a chair right next to me.

All of the sudden Maya's face went blank. I asked her what was wrong, she said she wanted to leave. Um NO! I asked her why. She said she didn't want them wearing masks (reminding her of doctors!!) I told her that the ladies painting her nails wouldn't be wearing masks. The VERY SWEET lady working on my manicure saw that Maya was a bit upset so she said that Maya could sit in my lap. REAL RELAXING MANI/PEDI! While I was soaking they started taking off Maya's nail polish and getting them ready to be painted again. I looked at her and TEARS are running down her face. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN AND RELAXING!! They quickly painted her nails and toes at the same time and everything was better once she got a flower on both her thumbs and big toes. I also calmed her down by telling her I would switch my nail polish to the same color as hers. I guess she was just scared because she didn't know what they were going to do. Once she was done she talked to everyone who looked at her showing off her nails and explaining what she was doing that night. Now she CAN'T WAIT till she can get her nails done again. Go figure!! Check out our pretty MATCHING toes!!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

How cute and funny... hey do a close up on your toes and see how much they look alike :)

Perley Family said...

I LOVE the picture of your feet with Maya's. So adorable! Kids always make life interesting, don't they?

Where are your pictures from the reunion??? Can't wait to see them. I hope you had fun!