10.22.2008

Happy Birthday, Sweet Baby Girl


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEAGEN MAE! I can't believe a year has already gone by and our little baby is now one! It has been so fun watching her grow into her little fiesty personality. She is a little ham! And she absolutely adores her big sister. Watching them play together is one of the best parts of my day.

But I can't help and think about this exact moment a year ago. I was nursing my barly 18 hour old baby not knowing that in about an hour the doctor would come in and tell me that he'd like to release us from the hospital (yes with a baby that is not even a day old) so that we wouldn't get stuck at the hospital due to road closures from the Wild Fires. And not a mere 2 hours after that we'd find out that our neighborhood was being evacuated. Boy am I glad that were home . . . in a house that is still standing . . . and safe.

Teagen's birthday started with our traditional breakfast in bed. She was just starting to wake up when we (Chad and I) came in singing "Happy Birthday." Her special breakfast in bed was chocolate milk. (if she was eating real people food it would have been easier, but I refuse to feed her baby food over her crib!) She thought she had died and gone to heaven, having a drink in her bed! She laid right down and sucked down that milk!

Unfortunately I had to work on her birthday, so we hung around the house and played while I answered the business phones. She was hammin' it up for the camera! After work we did do something fun. But that will be a surprise for the next blog!!




So Happy First Birthday, our Sweet Baby Girl!

2 comments:

clarkfam said...

Teagan looks so cute and happy in her birthday crown. Sorry we couldn't be there for the party. I have her gift and will have to drop it by next week sometime.
Kristy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tegan. I can't belive she is already a year old. I remmeber at Tyler's wedding she was so tiny.