8.25.2008

IT'S FINALLY HERE!

That's what Maya woke up yelling in excitement. Today was her first day of Kindergarten! She has been so excited about it. Yesterday we gave her "the first day of school outfit" and let her pick what she wanted for dinner. She picked . . . noodles, ribs, and salad. (We have NEVER cooked ribs in our house, so she must have gotten the idea from her grandparents house!) This morning we fought the traffic and got Maya off to her first day of school. She did all the things her teacher told her to do last Friday when we met her. She sat right down in the middle of the rug (probably because the front row was taken or she would have sat there) and waived bye to us! Chad thought she looked SO old compared to the rest of the class, but it's just that our baby is not a baby anymore. I must admit my eyes were a little watery when we left, but no tears running down the face and it only lasted a second! Phew! Well, I will post more about how her first day went, but Aunt Kendra was so excited and asked for pictures early!!
Ready with her snack and folder

In front of her classroom door

Sitting on the carpet in the middle (look at the posture!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maya, I am so proud of you! I can't believe you are a big Kindergardener! I can't wait to hear ALL ABOUT your first year in big-girl school! You DO look so old on the carpet! Have a fun year! We love you!
Love,
Aunt Kendra (Uncle Scotty, Taylor, & Cooper)

Anonymous said...

Mommy & Daddy...I'm proud of you too!
Kendra

Those crazy Lewis' said...

Lindsey you are so awesome for not losing it. I cried on the first day of kindergarten for McKenzie and Halie! Maya sure looks cute. Adrienne

Perley Family said...

She is so cute. I can't believe that Maya is already in kindergarten. And I can't believe that you held it together. I am going to be a wreck. I signed up Kamdyn for pre-school this year and just sending in the check put a lump in my throat (not for the butt-load of money it costs, but because my little girl is growing up!)