4.09.2008

Ballerina Maya


For about a year, Maya has been begging to start ballet. Today was her first day and she has been talking nonstop about it. Yesterday evening she came to me before Chad got home from work and said that her ear hurt. She reassured me it was just the "outside". She said it again when Chad came home so we examined it one more time. We were trying to find out, in a four-year-old way, where it was really hurting. Again she said it was just the outside. So the parents-of-the-year that we are, we said we'd just watch it. We gave her some Tylonol before she went to bed and that was that. This morning she said that she felt ALL BETTER! As I was putting her down for her nap I saw blood drops on her sheets. I realized that the blood drops I found earlier on our sheets had to be from Maya. I looked all over her and then saw dried blood around her ear. I put Maya down for her nap and after a couple calls back and forth with the doctor's office we had an appointment set for 3:00. OH NO . . . Her long awaited ballet lesson was to start at 3:15. WHAT'S A MOTHER TO DO? We ended up going to the doctor's office a little bit early to try and get in as soon as possible. It still took a while, but we only missed a little bit of her ballet class! Whoosh! Now, ballet class is another wonderful story! Teagen was so fussy. Which is very out of charater, but she's teathing. I was literally stuck behind someone in a closet barely able to see past this lady! At one point I had to leave because Teagen was SCREAMING, the teacher was starring me down, I started tripping over what I guessed was lost and found stuff. The picture of Maya dancing was all I could capture from the class. Sorry it is so dark. But we did get pictures of her in her ballet outfit in the yard. Maya is very excited about her ballet class. She gets to be in a dance recital in June and she even gets to wear a very pretty costume!! I can't tell you how excited I am to crawel into bed and just close my eyes and rest! It's been ONE OF THOSE DAYS!
On a little side note. We have family friend who's son, Jordan, passed away over the weekend. His memoral service is tomorrow. Please keep the entire family and all the friends in your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maya,
You are a BEAUTIFUL ballerina!!!!
Love,
Aunt Kendra